Monday, October 8, 2007

Mens Wearhouse Makes Me Feel Blah

I’m 28 and my previous jobs have not required me to wear a suit and tie to work. My current job has a business casual dress code (which I think should be defined by the above photo) so I still do not have to wear the suit and tie which I guess is nice. On the other hand, if I have to dress up in any way, shape or form… I want to look good! Wearing dress pants and a button down is so blah to me. Don’t get me wrong, this is normally what I end up wearing to work but it is certainly not a confidence booster. I own three suits. One was purchased seven or eight years ago and the other two mistakes were purchased from the Men’s Wearhouse (only because I needed a suit ASAP). The older suit still looks good since I have recently dropped a few pounds but the Wearhouse suits simply look horrible. Granted, they served their purpose when I needed them but now I cringe when I have to wear them. They are too big here, to big there and I am not sure what is going on in the crotch area. When I sit down it looks like my region (yes that region) is covered up by a huge bulge of wasted fabric.

Women have it so easy. You can go to TJ Max, find a couple random items and look like a million bucks. A guy’s wardrobe is so limited! Pants only get so exciting and shirts… don’t even get me started. I think I need to make a visit to Nordstrom and get some shopping therapy.

No comments: